Pet Grooming & Spa in Greenville, NC
Help your pet look and feel their best with our professional, onsite pet grooming services.
Our grooming specialists are trained and experienced in bathing, trimming, and styling most breed types.
Four Paws Inn offers dog and cat baths, professional grooming, dog spa packages, mink oil coat treatments, and other services to keep your pet clean and beautiful. Full grooming and bathing are available by appointment only, but we do offer lesser services such as nail trimming and anal gland expression on a walk-in basis.
About Our Pet Grooming Services
We know that it can be challenging to find a groomer who will be gentle, take good care of your pet, and give your pet the “perfect” look. We take great pride in providing the highest quality services to every pet that comes to us for a grooming appointment.
If you have a young puppy or kitten, let’s get acquainted early to help ensure that your pet will be comfortable with grooming throughout his or her life!
Benefits of Pet Grooming
There are many reasons to bring your pet in for a professional dog or cat grooming.
We’ve listed a few of the most important benefits below:
- Maintains healthy skin and coat
- Prevents ingrown nails
- Treatment for hotspots and skin lesions
- De-matting and de-shedding
- Flea and tick checks and treatment
- Medicated shampoos for dry skin and allergies
- Keeps your pet cooler in the summer
- They will look and smell great!
In addition to these benefits, pet grooming can also be relaxing for animals. Taking your pet to the groomer can help your pet feel great — like he or she just came back from the spa.
What to Expect
Baths, grooming, and spa services and packages are available by appointment only, during normal business hours.
- Baths: Baths include your choice of Fresh & Clean, Aloe & Oatmeal, or Flea & Tick shampoo, ear cleaning, and toenail trimming and filing. Other services such as anal gland expression and brushing teeth may be added for additional fees.
- Grooming: Grooming prices are dependent upon breed, type of haircut requested, and the length and condition of the pet’s coat. Additional fees will be added if the pet is aggressive during grooming or if the pet has extensive matting or tangles.
- Grooming Touch-Up Packages: Grooming touch-up packages are available by appointment if your pet needs more than just a bath, but not a full groom. Touch-Up Packages include a bath, nail trim, ear cleaning, perfume, brush out, and 3 grooming services of your choice. Grooming service options are: trim face, trim feet, sanitary trim, minor mat removal, anal gland expression, and teeth brushing. If you wish to add more than 3 grooming services, each additional service is provided at a discounted price.
- Spa Packages: Spa packages include playtime, a doggie facial, bath with shampoo upgrade, pawdicure, thorough brushing, and Butler Lean Treats.
- Additional Services: Addon services include anal gland expression (external), teeth brushing (vanilla/mint toothpaste), nail clipping & filing, doggie facial (blueberry/vanilla facial scrub), paw crème treatment (almond and shea butter paw crème), pawdicure (paw crème treatment with nail trim).
- Shampoo Upgrade: Try one of our premium shampoos. Choose from: Brightening Juniper, Calming Lavender, Citrus Flea Defense, Conditioning Cactus Aloe, Cooling Herbal Mint, Revitalizing Eucalyptus, Soothing Chamomile, Oatmeal, Deshedding shampoo, or one of our seasonal shampoos (see our announcements page or ask a receptionist for more information about seasonal shampoos selections).
- Mink Oil Coat Treatment: Thoroughly condition your pet’s coat and skin, promote healthy coat development and growth, and protect hair from sun damage, bleaching, drying and breakage. Enriched with vitamin E and sunscreens, this penetrating Mink Oil treatment intensifies color and gives all coat types deep down luster and sheen without being sticky or greasy.
Different pets have different needs, with some pets requiring a lot more trimming and brushing than others. If the pet has extensive matting, it will need to have a full groom. We'll let you know if your pet has any special bathing or grooming needs at the start of the appointment. You can review expected costs by downloading our Pricing pamphlet.
Our staff has experience handling pets with common health problems, vision impairments, and those with mobility limitations. We strive to make grooming as stress-free as possible and are happy to accommodate pets with special needs. Puppy packages are available for dogs under 4 months of age who have not been groomed before in order to introduce them to the grooming process gradually so they are not overwhelmed.
Grooming can also be performed under sedation for pets that will not tolerate grooming otherwise. Sedation services are performed by Tenth Street Animal Hospital. Please ask the groomer or a receptionist for more details. Appointments for grooming under sedation must be made at Four Paws Inn.
How Often Should My Pet Be Groomed?
Most pets should be professionally groomed at least once annually and certain dog breeds need to be groomed far more often.
The length of time between appointments depends on:
- Type or breed of pet
- How fast your pet's coat grows
- Pet’s susceptibility to matting
- Time of year
How Can I Maintain My Pet’s Coat at Home?
Brush your pet's coat on a regular basis, but avoid excessive bathing. Bathing your pet too often can cause dry and flaky skin.
We welcome your questions about our grooming procedures and policies and are eager to discuss how we can make your pet’s next grooming appointment as happy and stress-free as possible.
Let us answer all your questions about our grooming services, packages, and prices. Call our office or request an appointment online.